OSW-NM-O-5-25-7 – Lloran House

Lloran House – Upper Brook Street c1905 – When this photograph of Upper Brook Street, looking towards Trefonen, was taken in 1905, the Co-Operative Industrial Society occupied the shop on the left-hand side and the Coach and Dogs Temperance Hotel (built c1660) the corner opposite.  Since then most of the premises along the left-hand side have been converted onto shops.  In the distance the large creeper-clad building is Lloran House which provided boarding accommodation for Oswestry School.  Mrs Lloyd-Williams also began her school here, before moving to Moreton Hall in 1919.  After serving for a short time as a social club for British Telecom, it was demolished in the early 1970’s

NM-O-5-25-7 - Lloran House