OSW-PC-S&B-56-10 – View of Mardol, Shrewsbury

View of Mardol, Shrewsbury- looking towards the river in 1904, by E A Phipson 1854-1931).  The northerly end of Mardol opens out onto the riverside (Smithfield Road).  Originally it led directly onto the Welsh Bridge  which was demolished in 1737, a new bridge being built 200 feet down stream in 1793/5

 

PC-S&B-56-10 - View of Mardol, Shrewsbury