OSW-PH-O-5-2-49 – Powis Hall on Bailey Head

Powis Hall, was first mentioned in 1440 and became a Corn Exchange in 1838.  At the rear was a Cheese & Butter market.  The building was replaced by the present Powis Hall in 1963. The photograph is a copy of a larger photograph kept in the rolling stack and is also reproduced in “Oswestry – A Pictorial History 1850 – 1950” compiled by Bernard Mitchell

PH-O-5-2-49 - Powis Hall on Bailey Head