OSW-PH-O-5-7-32 – Star Supply Stores

The Star Tea Company, 8 Church Street. 

“ The Star Tea Company, which traded at No.8 Church Street, moved to the Cross where they bought the shop which had belonged to Mr. Beckett.  They renamed themselves the Star Supply Stores, whose manager until 1935 was Mr. J. Lewis.  After Mr. Lewis was dismissed for being too old at fifty-two, a succession of managers failed to match his trading figures, and the shop eventually changed hands, becoming George Masons.”

PH-O-5-7-32 - Star Supply Stores