Pentrepant. Oswestry. (E.G.Carew.) Volume 4 Stanley Leighton Sketches
This place which is in the parish of Selattyn. and about a mile from Oswestry, belonged for several generations to the family of Hanmer, of whom was John. Bishop of St. Asaph, who died in 1629.
A portion of the horse appears to be of the 17th.century. From the Hanmers the estate passed by descent to the family Strudwich, and from them to that of Warrington. George Henry Warrington married in 1794, Mary Carew of Carew Castle, and Crowcombe, County Somerset, and assumed the family name of his wife. The estate was sold to Lord Harlech in 1894, by Hon. Mrs Trollope, co-heir of her brother Edmund G. Carew.
This is a Stanley Leighton sketch