Wynnstay in 1715. Volume 4 Stanley Leighton Sketches
From the illustrations round a county map made by John Felton of Oswestry about 1715, this flitch is taken.
Eyton Evans lived at Wattstay in a ‘black and white’ timbered house in the 17th. century.
The Wynns, having early in the 16th. century, succeeded to the estate, built a new house and called it Wynnstay.
The Williamses, having succeeded to the Wynns, built another new house, and added the name of Wynn to their own.
This 3rd house, having passed through two reconstructions which will be represented in the following sketches was burnt to the ground in 1858.