OSW-PH-G-1-66 The Station, Gobowen

The Station, Gobowen c1906 – taken from Verna Palmer – Oswestry & District : a portrait in old picture postcards published 1989 – caption reads “Gobowen Railway was built in 1848 when the Shrewsbury to Chester line was opened.  The original plan was for the line to pass through Oswestry, but following opposition by local landowners, the line was routed instead through Gobowen, with a small branch line serving Oswestry.  Today the station is a listed building and has undergone extensive restoration”.

PH-G-1-66 The Station, Gobowen